The Union County Historical Society office and the the Union County Prothonatory Office and Recorder's Office are all located on the 1st floor of the Courthouse (up one floor from the Ground Floor through which you enter)
* Amish/Mennonite * Bridges * Bucknell * Canals *
* Cemeteries * Census Records * Churches * Deaths -
Marriages * Heritages * Historical Markers * Immigration -
Emmigration * Lewisburg * Logging * Maps/Atlas *
* Mifflinburg * Military History * Miscelleanous * Native Americans * New Berlin, Vicksburg, West End, Centre County *
* Northumberland County * Pennsylvania Germans *
* Preservation * Prisons * Schools * Snyder County *
* Susquehanna Juniata Valleys * Union County * Women *
* White Deer Township, Gregg Township, Allenwood *
More details of contents (the content of the boxes is being reviewed)
Primary and Secondary Resources
The Union County History Society has various primary sources and other sources at your disposal for doing genealogical research. If you click on the link below, it will open into a new window and give you a list of those sources.
Page 1 of the above pdf gives a list of newspapers on microfilm, census, general reference books as well as family histories and other materials in our office. Page 2 has a list of primary resources available in the Register and Recorder’s office as well as the Prothonotary’s office which are on the same floor as the Union County Historical Society Office in the Union County Courthouse.
We do research in our office as well. We do have a fee schedule located in the Genealogy Section of our website or you can call the office at 570-524-8666 for more information.