The Union County Jail has both non-contact and contact visits. Visiting is limited to immediate family which consists of mother, father, brothers, sisters, wife or girlfriend, children, grandparents, and in some cases step children are allowed. All visitors must be approved by the Deputy Warden or Lieutenant. All visitors must present proper identification. Visits on the main side of the jail are non-contact with a glass barrier between visitors and inmate. Communication is by telephone. All visits are a minimum of 30 minutes.
On the main side of the jail, visitation is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM though 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM through 4:00 PM.
Inmates housed on the work release side of the jail are permitted contact visits. Work release visitation is on Wednesday evenings, 6:00 PM through 8:00 PM, and on Saturday morning, 8:30 AM through11:30 AM.
Several other rules apply to jail visits to both the main side and the work release side. They include:
- Any person visiting the jail must present a valid photo ID, with the exception of children under the age of 16.
- There are no food products or drinks allowed during visits.
- All visitors and inmates must understand that in the event of an argument during the visitation, the visit will be terminated. It is the Warden’s decision to permit that individual to return for a future visit.
- All children must behave while visiting; this is the responsibility of the parent or guardian accompanying the minor.
- All approved visitors are allowed (2) thirty minute visits a week.
Items permitted to inmates
5 – pairs of underwear (boxer or briefs)
5 – t-shirts (NO pockets, writing, or pictures)
5 – pairs of socks
2 – long sleeved sweat shirts (NO hoods, pockets, or zippers; Solid color only with no writing or pictures)
10 – photographs (NO polaroids)
1- wedding band
1 – religious medal, small chain (no larger than a half-dollar)
Cash or money orders are accepted. NO personal checks accepted.
Jail Inmate Phone System
The only telephone (system) available to inmates at the Union County Jail is owned by Securus Technologies.
Any individual who would like to receive collect calls from an inmate must first establish an account with Securus Technologies. Securus Technologies may be reached toll free at (800) 844-6591 to create an account.
Inmates may also opt to purchase phone cards from the Union County Jail. Phone cards cost $10.00 each, plus the additional 6% sales tax.
All phone calls are monitored and a recorded statement will remind you of this policy when you receive a phone call from an inmate.
If you do not wish to receive phone calls from an inmate you can call the Union County Jail at (570) 524-8711 and request to have your number blocked.