Recorder of Deeds
The Office of Recorder of Deeds is responsible for recording documents related to property. Documents recorded in the office consist of, but are not limited to, deeds, mortgages, releases, easements (rights-of-way), subdivisions, and restrictions. Information is also recorded as it pertains to notaries and public and elected county officers. Military Service Discharges are recorded in this office; however, the records are secure and are not available to the general public. The Office of Recorder of Deeds also collects real estate transfer taxes for the state, townships, boroughs and school districts.
The Office of Recorder of Deeds’ records dating after January 1, 1962, are computerized creating faster and more efficient access of records for attorneys, title companies and the public. All records prior to 1982 dating back to 1813 have been placed on microfilm.
For land records from January 1, 1962, to current date including index data and images visit http://pa.uslandrecords.com
To learn about the recording requirements, please click here.
Since February 9, 2003, Satisfaction of Mortgages have been and are affected in the following manner:
1. Satisfaction of Mortgage shall be accompanied by one of the following:
- The original mortgage;
- A legible image of the first page of the recorded mortgage;
- A validation process for which a fee as established by the Recorder may be charged (i.e. certifed copy - $1.50 for certification plus $.50 per page)
2. Record Book and page of original recorded mortgage required on Satisfaction Piece
3. Recording fees for a Satisfaction Piece will remain at $47.00
4. Marginals will no longer be stamped in the books
5. Searches for satisfied mortgages will not be performed
Union County Courthouse
103 S. Second Street
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Document recording concludes at 4:15 PM.